Wednesday, November 9, 2011

E-BOOK READER SOFTWARE

Approximately 2 years ago, I have created a software solution to read e-books, creating a user-friendly flip-page algorithm. I have created the graphical user interface, as well as all the scripting using Adobe Flash. It was a hard but extremely exciting period. I have also created a Bookshelf algorithm, that you can slide down and add/select the books you have. All the data is called from .txt documents, where I used the read/write file algorithms.
By the help of a button you can see your book-shelf that helps you to chose your book. It holds the number of total books. I am working on adding and deleting books.

 Just for fun, you can change/drag your drink and/or change the table you read on. There is also a "jump to page" button.
I'm trying to add the "note-taking" function. So that you can take notes between pages and whenever you open your book you will find it on the page where you had left. 

The Making Of
First of all using Photoshop I have created a papyrus using some different brushes and techniques.
 Using some shading and lighting on it appears a book. :)
 For the flip-page animation I used invisible buttons (alpha = 0) and as you can see I used the classical frame-by-frame animation technique.


No comments:

Post a Comment